Hi! My name is Olivia and I teach grade 6/7 at Barlow Creek Elementary in Quesnel, BC.  I spend a lot of my time outside moving and learning from the natural world.  I am interested in expanding my knowledge on the connections between people, place, and land in my classrooms.  I believe it is important to know your local land and it’s history to connect yourself on a deeper level personally.

I was born and raised in the Robson Valley in British Columbia.  A large part of who I am includes remaining connected with the outdoors.  I hope to foster an interest in the land around us in my classroom and community.

I completed most of my post secondary education in Prince George British Columbia at the College of New Caledonia and University of Northern British Columbia.  I have a bachelors of education, a certificate in French as a second language, a certificate in Fine Arts, and am currently working towards the Professional Masters of Education with a focus in Indigenous Education through Queens University.  I am a certified artist through the Emily Carr art certificate program at the College of New Caledonia in Prince George, BC.  I believe that art is a form of expression which can apply to all fields of study.  Although I have a passion for art, I have a body that can’t seem to stay still for long periods of time.  I burn off my energy by investing time in many outdoor and indoor physical activities.  Personal interests I have include mountain biking, yoga, back country hiking, and pretty much any activity that will get me outside.